PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER:
- We offer shipping within the continental United States. Please note that UPS does not ship to PO Boxes, APOs, or FPOs.
- Under the terms of our shipping agreement with UPS, we are not responsible for packages that are not delivered due to Acts of God/Inclement Weather/UPS Mechanical Malfunctions.
- We are not responsible for the product once it leaves our store and is in the hands of our shipper. We do not accept re-ship requests based on weather related delays, plane delays, or incorrect information supplied to us by the customer. Notice of non-delivery must be made within 7 days of original delivery date. Also, if incorrect recipient information is supplied by the customer, UPS will charge a change of delivery fee of $12.99 to the customer.
- Due to the nature of our products, all sales are final. We do not offer returns or refunds. In cases where the product did not arrive in a timely manner, refunds will be negotiated between the buyer and the shipping company.
Due to the nature of baked goods and the commitment to our product, these shipping policies are structured to ensure that you receive the most delicious and fresh kingcake directly from our bakery. For questions concerning our shipping policies, please contact us at 318-676-1407 or email us at email@example.com
Q: Does the price include the shipping charges?
A: No, Shipping Charges are calculated in your cart. Shipping via UPS 2nd Day Air is $20 for the first King Cake, and $5 each additional King Cake shipped to the same address. You may also choose UPS Overnight shipping. The King Cake will come shipped packaged in a decorative box with Mardi Gras Beads, a Baby, & a History of Mardi Gras.
If you have the King Cake shipped to a home, UPS may leave it on your front porch. Please keep in mind that this is an edible item and we are not responsible for packages destroyed by animals or insects. If you are not typically home when UPS delivers, we suggest shipping to an alternate address- possibly your work, or a neighbor, or family member. We recommend shipping to a business whenever possible.
Please note that if you live in a UPS specified rural area, UPS 2nd Day Air delivery cannot be guaranteed. Please check with your nearest UPS shipping center for details.
Q: Can I ship to more than one address?
A: Yes, however each shipping address will have to be ordered separately. Another option would be to call the shop and have the shipping operator enter them in. Our number is 318-676-1407.
Q: Can I get a Saturday, Sunday, or Monday delivery date?
A: No. UPS only has delivery dates of Tuesday through Friday, depending on available shipping dates. We ship it to you at the time that will get you the freshest King Cake possible. We will not be responsible for delivery delays due to weather or any other unexpected problems with our shipping company. Please keep upcoming weather in mind when ordering your King Cake as any inclement weather may cause a delay. For delivery on Tuesday you must order your King Cake to be shipped overnight by calling us at 318-676-1407.
Q: When will my order be shipped?
A: We will ship your King Cake within 7 days of your order, and email you the tracking number once shipped. King Cakes are shipped Monday-Wednesday during Mardi Gras and Mondays only after Fat Tuesday. For more information on when your order will be shipping please call us at 318-676-1407. Typically, orders place by 6 am Monday – Wednesday can ship the same day, orders placed after 6 am will ship the next shipping day, & orders placed Thursday- Sunday will ship the following Monday to ensure you receive the freshest King Cake possible.
If you would like your King Cake shipped on a specific date please include the date you would like it shipped (Monday-Wednesday only) in the notes section. If you request a ship date Thursday-Sunday your King Cake will not ship until the following Monday.
Q: How long will the king cake last?
A: The king cake will maintain its freshness 2-3 days after receiving it. If you’re planning on serving the cake 2-3 days later, don’t open it up. Keep it out of direct sunlight, in a cool place. If you’re wanting to keep it longer, we would suggest to put the king cake in the freezer upon receiving it, and then take it out 3 hours before serving and it will thaw and will be ready to serve.
Q: Can I send the king cake to someone who lives in an apartment?
A: Yes, HOWEVER, UPS may or may not leave the king cake at the door if no one is home or no one answers the door of an apartment building or complex. UPS will leave a note on the door saying they attempted delivery and will be back again the next day to accomplish delivery. You can call the UPS center and either pick up the king cake from them or they will attempt delivery again the next day. If someone you know lives in an apartment and you want to make sure they receive their cake, there are a few suggestions you can do.
- You can send the king cake to their place of employment (make sure you include the company name and the recipient’s name – even the department or suite number if available).
- You can call the recipient to give them a “heads up” on the king cake delivery to make sure they are going to be home.
- You can call the recipient to get them to tape a permission note outside the door to the UPS delivery person, instructing them to leave the king cake at the door or set it under a box or towel you’ve provided at the door, or instructing the UPS delivery person to bring the package next door to the neighbor’s door (provided they’re home). Keep in mind that the UPS drivers have hundreds of packages to deliver, so keep the message and instructions simple or they’ll end up putting a delivery notice on your door. Also keep in mind, if the apartment complex or area is not a “driver release” area even though you have a note on the door explaining to leave the package at the door, the UPS driver may elect not to leave it. However, if the permission note was on the apartment door to leave the king cake at the door and it gets picked up by someone else other than the recipient, UPS is not responsible for the package.
Q: What should I know about your King Cakes and Food Allergies?
A: All of our king cakes may contain or may have been in contact with the following items: milk, eggs, wheat, soy beans, peanuts, and tree nuts (pecans). Most of our King Cakes do not contain nuts, however, they are prepared around other products that have nuts, so it is possible that there has been contact with some type of nut or a product contacting nuts. (Some filled King Cakes do contain nuts).
Q: How do I place a corporate / high volume order?
A: Ship Lilah’s King Cakes all across the United States using our bulk address order form. The process is simple. We will email you a blank spreadsheet using the link below and you input the delivery information for each of your recipients. You tell us what King Cakes you want to order and any info you want included in the box. Upon receipt of the file, we will calculate the total order amount and contact you for payment information and delivery date. That’s it! We take care of the rest.
Q: Can I pick up my order in store?
A: Yes! You can see our In-Store Pick Up options here. Note: these are for same day pickup only. To pickup your King Cakes on a different day please call us at 318-676-1407 to place your order.
We are not responsible for the product once it leaves our store and is in the hands of our shipper. We do not accept re-ship requests based on weather related delays, plane delays, or incorrect information supplied to us by the customer. Notice of non-delivery must be made within 7 days of original delivery date. Also, if incorrect recipient information is supplied by the customer, UPS will charge a change of delivery fee of $12.99 to the customer.